Monday, October 19, 2009

A Creative Weekend

Aside from a lot of baseball (a lot of baseball, I repeat), my brain got to thinking about a few ideas this weekend. I thought about some new boxes, some new kusudama, and some smaller projects. Then, last night I got such a random and odd idea that I had to jump around and try it. Not only were my attempts successful, I realized I cannot find another person doing anything remotely like this on the web. Not to say this hasn't ever been done, it very well might have been. But it's so good I have to do my best to keep it a secret until I get a technique down that works well enough to list. (They are so cute, it's hard not to just come out and show the samples I made!)

I tweeted a really really awesome item I found on Etsy the other day, but it's just so great that I'd like to share it here as well. (Tweets can get lost easily!) Check these out!



I could see myself wearing them to a show, using them to draw attention and to get some conversations going with customers. Never have I seen a cooler pair of pantyhose in my life (I'm usually a fishnets type of girl)! If I get accepted to the show I applied at in December, I am highly considering picking up a pair of these to wear there.

I've also been doing a lot of browsing for scarves. I am a scarfaholic. I LOVE scarves. How can I possibly pick just one? My budget doesn't allow for me to splurge on my weaknesses too often, but I've come up with a few favorites:


   
   

I think the last one is my *most* favorite so far because it's so long - I love long scarves. Did I also mention I'm sort of addicted to the color green? It's so hard to pick - there are so many beautiful scarves on Etsy right now and they make me crazy!

No comments:

Post a Comment