Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Featured Shop: Bead Origami

Since I came across this very awesome shop, BeadOrigami, I can't stop looking at all of her awesome beaded creations! I can see why she calls it bead origami, because each one certainly reminds me of all the varying types of kusudama there are in the origami world.



You cannot tell me these aren't amazing.



Earrings are, of course, not the only thing she makes, either. You can find plenty of matching necklaces in her shop as well. I cannot imagine how many beads are used to make each individiual piece! I have enough problems keeping seed beads out of my carpet - how many more would land under my desk if I attempted this, LOL? I love how the pendant on the necklace below is double-stacked. The variant sizes really give it depth.




The next necklace is entirely beaded. Look at the amazing detail in the 4th photo of her listing! (And this necklace has 5 total beaded beads!)



If you're feeling extra crafty (or if you have experience with weaving), you can also try your hand at making these yourself. BeadOrigami offers tutorials as well as the finished product. I'm not sure if I am quite that gutsy, but maybe you are!



Her tutorial about the Disco Ball Beaded Bead is one of her advanced tutorials. 26 pages long, 65 steps, and over 80 full color photos are included. I don't have to tell you that the resulting product is a stunning work of art - you can see her examples for yourself!



Happy gawking!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for the kind blog feature Tracy! I'm working on some new pieces and tutorials, so check back soon to see what's new!

    ReplyDelete